30 Things I’ve Learned (or wish I knew) Before 30. By @Mrworksmarter
1. Do not waste hours, days, months and years trying to put the perfect plan together or trying to figure out your perfect next move. Just do something today, and make progress every day.
2. If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things you’ve never done. So don’t let those stuck in their comfort zone stop you from stepping out to greatness.
3. Assumptions are a deadly disease. Communicate when in doubt. You could literally be one question away from being happy in any otherwise upsetting situation.
4. You can’t please everyone (and you’re not meant too). It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
5. You don’t need to go University to be successful. Formal Education will make you a living, and self education will make you a fortune.
6. Don’t compare yourself to others. But rather use people you admire as a source of inspiration. Comparison is the fastest way to take all the fun out of life.
7. We prolong our misery by holding onto grudges and bad feelings towards people. Waiting for someone else to feel as badly as they’ve made you feel will hold you back from growth. Forgiveness will take care of your mind. The longer you hold resentment in your consciousness mind, the longer it will take you to move forward.
8. Life is a journey not a destination. Everything you do along your journey contributes to where you’re going. Connect the dots
9. Don’t keep your ideas to yourself. Competitive advantage comes from assembling a strong team (together everyone achieves more).
10. Speak to people from all walks of life. You (benedictdaily)will learn something new. That’s why I recommend travelling. Even if it means going on your own, you will learn so much about yourself.
11. Our mind is powerful but vulnerable. Feed your mind with positive thoughts everyday. Remember your thoughts and beliefs dictate your reality! The moment you start believing in the not-yet seen and take the right actions, your reality will begin to shift.
12. Make a vision board and look at it every time you wake up. It’s extremely powerful because your mind sends the image out to a source of energy (the law of attraction) which begins the process of pulling in the things you want.
13. You can’t cheat hard work. You can fool social media and people about your work ethic, but you won’t be able to fool results and your bank account.
14. It doesn’t matter how many resources you have; If you don’t know how to use them, it will never be enough. Therefore make sure you utilise your current resources before you go out searching for more.
15. There will be people closest to you that will not believe in you. But don’t let that stop you from being courageous and taking the great leap of faith.
16. There is no magical formula to success. The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is what they do with their time.
17. Making loads of money is great, but learn to save and grow your income. You can be rich one day, and poor another day, so be humble and never get complacent. Side note: Being healthy matters in order to enjoy your earnings.
18. Don’t spend your whole life watching other people. If watching is all you’re going to do, then you’re going to watch your life go by without accomplishing your goals.
19. We all have been given different parents, pains, problems, potential, but we will all be held accountable one day for what we did with this factors. It’s like a game of cards. You don’t get to choose your cards. You have to play with the hand you’re dealt and you can’t win by folding.
20. Don’t believe everyone you see or read online. Some people will rather just look like they’re winning instead of actually winning.
21. Listen to your intuition. It’s your inner guidance. You have all the answers you need. Put your phone away and try sitting quietly by yourself for a few minutes everyday.
22. Our conscious mind thinks it’s in control, but it isn’t. Our subconscious mind doesn’t think about anything, but it’s in control.
23. Relationships that are glamorized online are not picture perfect. Relationships involve disagreements, arguments, and compromise, along with all the fun and laughter.
24. Don’t let the desire of quick wins stop you from doing something that you’re really passionate about.
25. Find someone that will hold you accountable for goals you set. I find it valuable to choose someone that will have no mercy and will make you feel humiliated even before excuses come out of your mouth.
26. Look for ways to be grateful for everything in life, even when something negative happens in your life. Focusing on the negative will only attract pain and resentment. If you Instead, look for ways to learn from it or be grateful, the incident will allow you to grow by opening up to the lesson.
27. Motivation will spark change, but habits will spark long lasting change. Therefore, develop strong habits that will help you to avoid distractions and get things done.
28. Your outlook is not the only view. It’s important to look at things from different perspectives. There can be more than one route to a destination.
29. Get a mentor. A good mentor will save you loads of money, motivate you, and guide you in the right direction. If you can’t find a mentor you desire, learn from great people by reading books, listening to podcasts, and watching youtube tutorials.
30. Remove luck and chance from your success equation and lock in progressive action. If you’re really serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way, if not, you will find an excuse.
Loads of love. Mr Work Smarter. p.s: If you found value in this article, please like and share, I want everyone to benefit from the advice.