On the whole, guys really don’t have super-strong preferences about height. If you’re dating in the first place, it means he’s probably thrilled with whatever it is you bring to the table as far as vertical orientation goes.
But for guys who happen to be dating shorter women, these things are a pretty great bonus.
1. It makes guys look taller. Even a man of average height will look much taller next to a short girl. It’s great for photos, it’s great when entering a room or just standing around. Call it insecurity, call it toxic masculinity, but we like appearing tall, and there’s no better way to look tall than to hang out around short people. Well, that or actually be tall.
2. You’re easier to cuddle. Forget about wrapping you up in our arms, we can wrap you up in one arm and still have one free to eat chicken nuggets or something. Everyone wins here.
3. We can pick you up and carry you to bed. Did you fall asleep in our arm while we were watching Netflix together? No problem. We can just pick you up and carry you to bed without worrying about smashing your head on a doorway or something. It also means we can get you out of a nightclub if you’re too drunk or if there’s a fire.
4. It makes us feel helpful. We don’t even have to be that tall. Getting dishes out of a high cabinet or reaching for things when you’re shopping make us feel necessary. This might be the only thing we bring to the table as far as this relationship is concerned.
5. We get more space in the bed. We can put our feet on your side of the bed and you won’t even know. It’s like we basically got three-quarters of a bed instead of half.
6. The sex position possibilities. Nothing is off-limits. If we can imagine it, we can do it. Sex becomes less like two people humping away and more like an elaborate, erotic figure-skating competition. We’re tossing you up in the air, spinning you around, and holding you upside-down by the ankles.
7. Everything she does is adorable. Of course, we could never say that out loud or you’d punch us, but it’s true.
8. It makes for perfect hugs. You hug us right around the waist, and the top of your head doesn’t even clear our neck. We don’t have to worry about you headbutting us in the lip or something.
9. We always have someone to fit into tiny spaces. Whether that means reaching down behind the couch to get the remote or crawling through a collapsed mineshaft to get help after we’re trapped, having someone small is always a plus.
10. It makes it easy to hide presents. Is her birthday coming up but her gift came early? Top shelf in the closet. We can rest easy knowing she’ll never find it, even if she snoops.